Re: vt newcons mouse paste issue FIXED

From: Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon_at_dec.sakura.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 22:46:54 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 11:29:43 +0200
Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org> wrote:

> On 6/24/22 18:51, Tomoaki AOKI wrote:
> > On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 17:29:26 +0200
> > Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org> wrote:
> >

> Hi Tomoaki,
>
> Please retest:
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D35552
>
> Pushing this after some local tests.
>
> --HPS

Thanks! As I already commented on Phabricator, worked just as intended.
  *Trailing spaces only listed in switch() of tchar_is_word_separator()
   are deleted on non-last lines.
  *Space (tried U+3000 only, though) before U+2007, which is not listed
   and untouched, on non-last line is sanely kept.
  *Spaces at the end of last line are sanely kept.

Some additional info not wrote in Phablicator:
I've entered test texts using editors/leafpad and entered various space
characters with character_pallette of japanese/mozc-tools.
Then, switch to console and view the text with misc/lv and copy from
there, close, open /ust/bin/ee, paste the buffer and save it.
After all, switch back to Mate desktop and open the saved text with
editors/leafpad to see the result.

  *ee has some problem handling non-ascii chars. Maybe on character
   counting. So not fit to check the result.

Some, usually old, Japanese uses U+0020 and u+3000 to make tables and
want u+3000 as non-breakable.
But the needs are basically only on "within a line". Almost all of us
wouldn't care about u+3000 at the end of line.
Moreover, we Japanese are educated to insert single u+3000 between
u+3002 (IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP) and next character at the same line,
when in elementary school. (Many people forgets this, though.)
This rule should be enough to handle u+3000 as breakable for this
particular case.

Thanks again in advance! Now I should say "Go for it!".

--
Tomoaki AOKI    <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>