Re: git question: How do I push a cherry-pick of someone else's commit?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 19:49:53 UTC
Mark Johnston <markj@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 07:30:47PM +0000, Rick Macklem wrote:
> > I just tried to MFC a commit done to fix my commit by imp@
> > and it won't let be push the cherry-pick.
> >
> > What's the trick to doing this?
>
> You need to add --push-option=confirm-author to the git push invocation.
Ok, thanks.

It did try it as the message suggested:
git push --push-option=confirm-author
and it failed because it couldn't push refs to gitrepo.

However, since you suggested it, I did:
git push freebsd --push-option=confirm-author
and that seemed to work.

Hopefully I haven't screwed anything on the git repo up,

Thanks, rick