Re: DTrace Error

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 15:37:06 UTC
In message <Yt62QYRLicwanWxC@nuc>, Mark Johnston writes:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 10:07:19AM -0700, Cy Schubert wrote:
> > In message <20220724030857.B57FAFC@slippy.cwsent.com>, Cy Schubert writes:
> > > In message <20220723185533.9EA7D11E@slippy.cwsent.com>, Cy Schubert write
> s:
> writ
> > > es
>  and

> trac
> occu
> > > rs

> ing
> nfo.
> > > d"
> ady
> > > de

> ith
> > > th
> gid
> > > er

> e th
> > > at

> one
> > > el

> ult.

> e,

> > > chuck@ emailed me privately suggesting a roll back to cb2ae6163174. The
> > > problem is fixed. I'm creating a special branch that reverts only the llv
> > > commits since then.
> >
> > llvm 14 is not the problem. There must be something else after cb2ae6163174
>
> > that is causing the regression.
>
> Are you able to bisect?  I spent a bit of time trying to replicate the
> problem based on your kernel config, without any luck yet.

How fortuitous is this email. I just rebooted my sandbox again and
discovered this is related to non-INVARIANT kernels. Enabling INVARIANTS
"fixes" dtrace. There must be some commit since cb2ae6163174 that affected
non-INVARIANT kernels. As to which one, I'm not sure yet.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>

			e**(i*pi)+1=0