Kernel Panic main-n252492-ad15eeeaba3

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:33:21 UTC
I just updated today to main-n252492-ad15eeeaba3 from:

main-n252313-ae13829ddce on 3 PC's.

Two of them had the update go well but my Dell Inspiron 1545 had a panic
after booting.  This laptop doesn't have a scroll buffer and the entire
panic message scrolls off the screen, so can't take a screen photograph.
  I compared the logged messages, I see this difference:

ERROR :intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler] CPU pipe B FIFO underrun

In the /var/log/message on the laptop startup with the panic.  All of
the other successful startups on this PC, don't contain this error
message.  I tried both a GENERIC and GENERIC-DEBUG kernels with the same
results.  The other computers running main-n252492-ad15eeeaba3 don't
have this message and all of them successfully boot after the update.
It looks like my project tomorrow will involve an exercise in revert and
bisect.

Tom

--
Public Keys: