Re: observations on Ryzen 5xxx (Zen 3) processors

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 02:59:08 UTC
On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 07:20:08PM -0500, mike tancsa wrote:

> I would for sure try a clean src.conf first and use that as a baseline.
> Also, someome mentioned trying
>
> machdep.idle=spin
>
> In /boot/loader.conf
>
> But removing your src.conf optimizations would be the first place to try

Yeah, tried this just now but it made no difference.

No src.conf or make.conf and GENERIC (so, as -current, debugging kernel)
it's as vanilla as I can make it. Some ports will build
(ports-mgmt/dialog4ports) but lang/perl5.32 and devel/llvm13 won't.

All the dependencies build - there's a lot of python there too, for llvm.
They build and install fine. perl installed as a pkg installs fine.
I've not tried it but expect llvm13 to install from pkg fine.

They (perl5.32 & llvm13) won't build from ports, though. But they will
on a vm of the same version, just a different cpu (xenon)

--
J.