Re: observations on Ryzen 5xxx (Zen 3) processors

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 14:06:43 UTC
Hello,

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 02:42:48PM +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:

>There have been some reports on strange / unexpected things with Ryzen 5xxx
>processors.  I think I have seen 5950X, 5900X and 5800X mentioned, not sure
>about others.

Thanks for this. I'm evaluating a ryzen 5600G. Here's hwinfo:

https://bsd-hardware.info/?probe=e67007df20

I've noticed a couple of oddities:

1. some ports won't build, but world builds and installs just fine (current/14)
2. sometimes it "lags" a bit, but am not sure if it's the cpu, the board, the board+cpu,
    the connection (it's offsite) or all three.

Please let me know if there are tests you'd like me to run.
--
J.