Re: [iwlwifi] ipv6 connection problem

From: Bob Bishop <rb_at_gid.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 17:50:24 UTC
Hi,

> On 12 Aug 2022, at 13:00, Nuno Teixeira <eduardo@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Merek,
>
>> If you are connecting to IPv6 only WLAN than you can probably either
>> disable DHCP (if the RDNSS is provided for this network):
>> ifconfig_wlan0="WPA up"
>> or install dhcp client capable of acquiring DHCPv6 lease and use it
>> instead of standard dhclient(8) from the base which doesn't support DHCPv6.
>>
> I've tried ifconfig_wlan0="WPA up" and it crashes os.
>
> You saying that base dhcp doesn't support ipv6 but it works fine with ehternet:
> ---
> ifconfig_re0="DHCP"
> ifconfig_re0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
> rtsold_enable="YES"
> ---

Above is kind of mixed up. I think the `ifconfig_re0=“DHCP”’ is superfluous, your interface will be getting assigned its address by the router using stateless autoconfiguration not DHCP.

Perhaps trying to configure both stateless autoconfiguration and DHCP is upsetting your wireless interface.

DHCP is almost never required with IPv6.

--
Bob Bishop
rb@gid.co.uk