Re: main-n254654-d4e8207317c results in "no pools available to import"

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 14:45:54 UTC
On 4/13/22 07:17, Thomas Laus wrote:

> I had an idea that maybe a GELI encrypted disk may have an issue.  Both
> my laptop and desktop have encrypted disks.  The gpart partitions have a
> .efi appended to the name that 'gpart list' shows.  Not everyone uses
> GELI and that may be our difference and the reason for not finding any
> pools to import.

Well, it looks like EFI may be the root cause of my problem.  I built
and loaded:

14.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT #0 main-n254879-47bcbde91de: Mon Apr
18 08:18:48 EDT 2022

Today for both my laptop and desktop.  I gave up last week with the 'git
revert' exercise and just waited a week since my last build.  The
problem with not finding any zfs pools still existed.  Both computers
can boot from either EFI or MBR, so I copied the gptzfsboot file to the
EFI partition and everything came up OK on both computers.  That
eliminates any issue with ZFS and GELI encrypted disks in my case.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1