Re: recover deleted file

From: Sami Halabi <sodynet1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 15:01:54 UTC
okay...
all seems very time consuming operations!!

There should be an os "undelete" as happens in NTFS for example.. which is
very fast and can be done also with extra tools without a hassle.

for now I got backup from last day .. caused me a lot of troubles, not say
legal ones, but I passed the point to hold the machine down.

any advice?

Maybe UFS developer would do a rework so latest deleted inodes would put in
a "recycle bin" (maybe with a sysctl or whatever) for say one day (or any
other configurable sysctl) and allow to recover quickly or "force delete /
empty recycle bin" , rather than delete and give back space immediately for
use and destroy possibility to restore.

my 2 cents.

Sami

--