Which ath(4) cards are currently supported?

From: Chris <bsd-lists_at_bsdforge.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 17:59:23 UTC
OK I (mistakenly) picked up an Atheros 11ac mini-pcie card for a new
laptop I picked up. But 80211ac isn't yet supported. :-(
OK so what IS supported? ;-) I installed 13.1 and consulted RELEASE
Hardware notes[1] which indicates:
The ath(4) driver supports all Atheros Cardbus and PCI cards, except
those that are based on the AR5005VL chipset.
Which I think must be completely incorrect. As far as I can tell, with
the exception of some hard work by bz@, FreeBSD WiFi is anywhere from
9-15yrs out. No 11ac or 11ax. WiFi-7 is also available, just not
supported on FBSD. I not attempting to take shots here. Just trying to
point out the fact that ath(4) doesn't cover all their chip-models as
the RELEASE NOTES indicate. Does anyone have/provide a list? Does the
SYNOPSIS in ath_hal(4) cover the entire list?

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

1. https://www.freebsd.org/releases/13.0R/hardware/

P.S. Mad props to Bjoern for his hard work on this! :-)

--Chris