Re: Considering stepping down from all of my FreeBSD responsibilities

From: Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 05:58:39 UTC
On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 02:20:31PM +0900, Yasuhiro Kimura wrote:
> Hi Glen,
>
> From: Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
> Subject: Considering stepping down from all of my FreeBSD responsibilities
> Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 00:15:02 +0000
>
> > Dear community,
> >
> > Given the mental toll the past two years or so have taken on me, I have
> > decided to step down from all of my "hats" within the Project, and take
> > some time to sort out what my future looks like going forward.
> >
> > Happy April 1st.  I'm not going anywhere.  :-)
>
> We are waiting for the announce of FreeBSD 2.2.10-RELEASE. :-)
>
> Cf. https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2006-April/001055.html

I don't think 2.2.10 is warranted.  2.2.9 (or was it 2.2.8?) had improved
Quake II support in Linuxolator, but since then we've got several native
ports available in our collection which play just fine (modulo the problems
caused by that shitty linuxish graphics stack we're confined to these days).

./danfe