Re: [HEADSUP] making /bin/sh the default shell for root

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:51:30 UTC
Dirk Meyer wrote:
>Baptiste Daroussin schrieb:,
[stuff snipped]

>We have already "toor" for sh.
As an aside, I will note that having multiple passwd entries for the same uid somewhat
breaks the mapping done by nfsuserd(8), since it will map the uid to one of the names.

It is not a big issue, but in my perfect world, there would not be "toor".

I don't have an opinion on what shell root should use.

rick

I disgree on the "user friendly" part of sh.
History search in sh and bash can't hold a candle angainst csh.

Migration of aliase will be painful as ">&" and "|&" is not supoported.

I vote strongly against it.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]