Re: -CURRENT compilation time

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 13:51:21 UTC
On 06/09/2021 20:34, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> With the option WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN=yes the world build time is 2.5
> times faster (real or user+sys), down from 48 min to 19.5 min real
> time.

Note that building LLVM with the upstream CMake + Ninja build system is
*significantly* faster on a decent multicore machine than the FreeBSD
bmake-based in-tree version.

One of the things I'd love to prototype if I had time is a CMake-based
build system for FreeBSD so that we could get all of the tooling
integration from the compile_commands.json, reuse LLVM's (and any other
contrib things that use CMake) build system without having to recreate
it, and be able to use ninja, to build.

David