Re: Deprecating smbfs(5) and removing it before FreeBSD 14

From: Andrea Venturoli <ml_at_netfence.it>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 06:29:25 UTC
On 10/29/21 00:47, Tomoaki AOKI wrote:

> But possibly we need to delete current smbfs code from base and switch
> to ports (sysutils/*?) if it require some code having incompatible
> license for base.

I normally favour ports over things in base.
In this case, however, as I said before, I needed it several times in
emergency while booting the install key as live media.
If it's a port, it won't be there.
Perhaps my use case is rare. Also, probably there are other tools that
can do this.

OTOH having a port is not in any way worse as having a broken piece of base.

  bye
	av.