Re: clang/llvm-tblgen --- ld: error: undefined symbol: setupterm

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 04:06:37 UTC
On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 02:52:58AM +0300, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 05:29:39PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 9, 2021, 5:15 PM Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > main-n249971-0525ece3554e:
> > > based
> > > sources

> > > c4/world/amd64/ALERICH_13-STABLE_amd64/pool/home/ohartmann/Projects/router/router/apu2c4/src/amd64.amd64/tmp/legacy/usr/bin/compile_et

> > > though

> > > from

> > > -ltinfow

> > > MFC'ing
> > > Makefile.inc1?

> > > bootstrap

> > > I do not quite understand how would it help.
> > > You need to add this to HEAD sources back in time, not to the current
> > > sources.
> > >

> > Once merged, this would get stable building on current. But not older
> > versions of stable, it is true. It's worth doing for that reason alone
> > unless there's something clever we've not thought of yet with the current
> > host.
>
> We can put somewhere a patch and add instructions how to use it to patch
> older HEADs and stable.  May be instructions and the reference to the patch
> file should go into UPDATING 20211004 entry.

It fails to link because the bootstrap tools are built statically if they were
linked dynamically that would solve the situation, because libncursesw.so is a
linkscript which does the right thing.

Stupid question, why are bootstrap tools statically linked in the first place?
If we remove -DNO_SHARED from the BARGS, it compiles perfectly fine.

Imho we should remove the static linking here, the other way would be to
provide a "flat" libncursesw.a for those cases on CURRENT. which I don't know how to
provide without breaking things even more.

Best regards,
Bapt