Re: Spam mail being sent via the FreeBSD mailing lists

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6722_at_twc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 22:06:06 UTC
from Kurt Jaeger:

> Hi!

> > > On May 25, 2021, at 8:53 PM, jake h <jakehfreebsd@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I have recently received several pieces of spam mail, apparently sent via
> > > this mailing list. These pieces of mail are the usual spam formula; Your
> > > phone has a virus, Ads, Fake blackmail, so on and so forth.
> > > Has anyone else noticed these spam emails, or is it just me?

> > I'm receiving these too. It looks like the servers are bouncing some of them just for me, even. And I'm receiving not just from this list; also from freebsd-hackers@ and ports@.

> postmaster@ is aware of the problem, we do not yet have a clear-cut
> solution and we're investigating.

Maybe the problem of bouncing messages is related to the spam problem?

I notice now there is an epidemic of multipart/alternative messages on FreeBSD lists, which is a recent change, not for the better.

I posted, several days ago (May 22), a question about bouncing messages, that was on freebsd-questions@freebsd.org .

Tom