Re: drm-kmod kernel crash fatal trap 12

From: Bakul Shah <bakul_at_iitbombay.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:02:51 UTC
On Jun 18, 2021, at 7:05 AM, Thomas Laus <lausts@acm.org> wrote:

> On 6/10/21 11:13 AM, Bakul Shah wrote:
>> This is what I did:
>>
>> git clone https://github.com/freebsd/drm-kmod
>> ln -s $PWD/drm-kmod /usr/local/sys/modules
>>
>> Now it gets compiled every time you do make buildkernel.
>> If things break you can do a git pull in the drm-kmod dir
>> and rebuild.
>>
> That did not work for me.  The buildkernel operation failed at the
> operation 'cleandir' phase.  The message was 'don't know how to make
> cleandir stop'.

I suspect you are not using WITH_META_MODE=yes. That seems to obviate
the need for running cleandir though I don't how (and I don't have the
patience to wade through the complex logic in /usr/src/Makefile*).
FWIW, my build flags:

$ cat /etc/{make,src,src-env}.conf
MALLOC_PRODUCTION=yes
WITHOUT_CLANG=yes
WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=yes
CCACHE_DIR=/usr/obj/ccache
WITH_META_MODE=yes

If you forget to "kldload filemon" make build{kernel,world} will
remind you!