Re: Files in /etc containing empty VCSId header

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 09:41:34 +0000
On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 01:58:01PM -0600, Ian Lepore wrote:
> Sometimes it's a real interesting exercise to figure out where a
> file on your runtime system comes from in the source world.

A tangential problem I trip over is "what is on this SD card?"

It generally takes me 5-10 minutes to remember:

  strings /<mount>/boot/kernel/kernel | tail

AFIAK it's the only way to be sure; nothing in /<mount>/* seems
to have that data.

(Yes, in theory they all live in their own little box each of
which is labeled but things happen ...)

mcl