Re: Building multiple kernels with "make release"

From: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd_at_quip.cz>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 23:52:25 UTC
On 28/07/2021 20:46, Juraj Lutter wrote:

>> On 28 Jul 2021, at 20:37, Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org> wrote:

>>> Setting INSTALLKERNEL="GENERIC-NODEBUG"  during "make installkernel"
>>> overrides whatever KERNCONF was set to.  But it still only installs one
>>> kernel.  Trying to set that variable to a list doesn't work.
>>
>> Ok.  Give me a day or so to try to figure out what is (or isn't)
>> happening here.  I do not recall any recent-ish changes that would have
>> caused this, and I am 95% certain it has worked in the past.
>
> According to Makefile.inc1:
>
> make installkernel KERNCONF=“KERN1 KERN2”
>
> should install KERN1 and KERN2. Similar goes for buildkernel.
>
> Or is there something I am missing?

Does 'make installkernel KERNCONF=“KERN1 KERN2”' really install both
kernels? Under which names?
I have 3 kernels defined in KERNCONF in /etc/make.conf for years. 3
kernels are built by "make buildkernel" but only one installed by "make
installkernel".

To install other kernels I use:

make installkernel KERNCONF=KERN2 KODIR=/boot/kernel.KERN2

make installkernel KERNCONF=KERN3 KODIR=/boot/kernel.KERN3

Miroslav Lachman