Re: Changes to backtrace() ??

From: Willem Jan Withagen via freebsd-current <freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 10:35:08 UTC
On 2-7-2021 12:17, Tobias Kortkamp wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 11:52:14AM +0200, Willem Jan Withagen via freebsd-current wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have there been changes in the backtrace() calls?
>> I recently upgraded my current server, and now the Ceph backtrace test
>> starts to fail....
>>
>> It looks like it is implemented in the llvm code.
>> So it could be that something is off in that code.
> lang/rust also fails to build on at least aarch64 after the LLVM12
> import (the prebuilt bootstrap crashes).  Very similar backtrace.
> See https://bugs.freebsd.org/256864
Yup,
That trace looks very similar.

Forgot to explicitly mention that my problem is with a very recent 14.0
FreeBSD quad-b.digiware.nl 14.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT #1
main-n247587-33b8c039a96: Sun Jun 27 21:19:03 CEST 2021
root@quad-b.digiware.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC-NODEBUG
amd64

The one before that was from around early May, and that did not have the
problem...
I have a Jenkins builder/tester that checks all changes that get submitted.
And only after the upgrade last weekend things started to go wrong.

But I do not track changes to current so I have no clue as to what has
changed there.

--WjW