Re: What to do about tgammal?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 16:47:49 UTC
On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 03:46:40PM +0100, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> Le 20.12.2021 16:48, Steve Kargl a écrit :
> > On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 11:15:53AM +0100, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> > >
> > > I assume what Steve is talking about is the corresponding value in
> > > decimal of the number of ULP.
> > >

> > Bad assumption.  Please read Goldberg's paper.  I am talking
> > about ULP in the underlying floating point format.
> >

> Thanks, it's more clear now: it's the ULP value.
> Is your tlibm_libm program available for testing ?  If I find time I'd like to
> do some tests.

Not at the moment.  tlibm only handles math functions with
a single real agrument [1].  I've been thinking about adding
the 2 argument functions such as atan2 and complex argument
function, but lack the time.  I also need to improve the man
page to decoment the default domain for each function and its
complete domain.

[1] acos, acosh, asin, asinh, atan, atanh, cbrt, cos, cosh, erf,
    erfc, exp, exp2, expm1, j0, j1, lgamma, log, log10, log1p,
    log2, sin, sinh, sqrt, tan, tanh, tgamma, y0, y1.
--
Steve