Re: CURRENT: ZFS freezes system beyond reboot

From: Mark Millard via freebsd-current <freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 19:52:58 UTC
From: FreeBSD User <freebsd_at_walstatt-de.de> wrote on
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 18:55:09 +0100 :

> . . .
>
> It is spooky, if not to say "buggy", if ZFS is capable of freezing the whole box even if
> the essential operating system stuff is isolated on a dedicated UFS filesystem.

I would guess that, for ZFS being in use, everything related to,
for example, the ARC is "essential operating system stuff", given
its tie to wired memory usage and the like that greatly changes
the wired memory usage pattern/sizing compared to ZFS not being
involved on the system (UFS only).

(I only use ZFS in a simpler context, however.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com