Re: Any Cronyx Tau* (ce(4) or cp(4)) users ?

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:42:36 UTC
On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 at 10:27, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
>  I've noticed this /sbin/sconfig binary and after looking it's for
> configuring Cronyx E1 PCI (PCI as in PCI, not PCIe).
>  The products pages ([1], [2]) seems to say that FreeBSD >=7 isn't
> supported.
>  We currently only build the drivers for i386 (and they contain native
> compiled code).
>
>  Anyway, I'd like to remove this from the tree, I really doubt that
> anyone uses this cards nowadays (or even E1) but just in case I send
> this mail.

I posted a similar query to -stable in 2020, at
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2020-February/092037.html
and did not get any response.

I have D23928 for a deprecation notice for ce and cp. Gleb commented
there that he'd offer to maintain them (and as part of that, removed
sppp in 6aae3517ed25).