Re: CURRENT: ZFS freezes system beyond reboot

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 07:30:50 UTC
On 12/12/2021 18:45, Alan Somers wrote:
> You need to look at what's causing those errors.  What kind of disks
> are you using, with what HBA?  It's not surprising that any access to
> ZFS hangs; that's what it's designed to do when a pool is suspended.

However, a pool does not have to be suspended on errors.
failmode property provides a couple of alternatives:
              wait      Blocks all I/O access until the device connectivity is
                        recovered and the errors are cleared.  This is the
                        default behavior.

              continue  Returns EIO to any new write I/O requests but allows
                        reads to any of the remaining healthy devices.  Any
                        write requests that have yet to be committed to disk
                        would be blocked.

              panic     Prints out a message to the console and generates a
                        system crash dump.

But neither does any magic.
The errors will still be there.

--