Re: Benchmarks: FreeBSD 13 vs. NetBSD 9.2 vs. OpenBSD 7 vs. DragonFlyBSD 6 vs. Linux

From: dmilith . <dmilith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 11:20:19 UTC
Maybe FreeBSD wouldn't win but results would be much closer. It's also
known that default compiler options for ports aren't best. Default
sysctl.conf default settings aren't best. They could at least compile all
the benchmarks with the same compiler features. So -ffast-math, -flto and
-O3 + code hardening features, for all tested systems. It's also
professional to mention the compiler used (I recall that the previous
Phroenix "benchmark" was done using GCC on FreeBSD which I'll not even
comment).

I could go on with all mistakes made in this "benchmark", but well, I know
- benchmarking is hard.

--
Daniel Dettlaff
Versatile Knowledge Systems