Re: Benchmarks: FreeBSD 13 vs. NetBSD 9.2 vs. OpenBSD 7 vs. DragonFlyBSD 6 vs. Linux

From: dmilith . <dmilith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 10:17:19 UTC
1. Where are compiler options for BSDs?
2. Why they compare -O2 to -O3 code in some benchmarks? Why they enable
fast math in some, and disable it for others?
3. Why they don't mention powerd setup for FreeBSD? By default it may use
slowest CPU mode. Did they even load cpufreq kernel module?
4. Did they even care about default FreeBSD mitigations (via sysctl)
enabled, or it's only valid for Linuxes? ;)
5. What happened to security and environment details of BSDs?

It's kinda known that guys from Phroenix lack basic knowledge of how to do
proper performance testing and lack basic knowledge about BSD systems.
Nothing new. Would take these results with a grain of salt.

--
Daniel Dettlaff
Versatile Knowledge Systems