14-current: unable to boot after upgrade (installworld)

From: Sergey V. Dyatko <sergey.dyatko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 13:36:10 UTC
Hi,

Yesterday I tried to upgrade old 13-current (svn rev r368473) to fresh
14-current from git,it looked like this:
1) git pull https://git.freebsd.org/src.git /usr/src
2) cd /usr/src ; make buildworld; make kernel
3) shutdown -r now
after that I _successfully_ booted into 14-current and continued with
etcupdate -p
make installworld
etcupdate -B
shutdown -r now

but after that server doesn't come back. After I conneted to this server via
IPMI ip-kvm I saw following (sorry for external link):
https://i.imgur.com/jH6MHd2.png

Well. There was a migration to zol between r368473 and current 'main' branch so
I decided to install fresh 14-current from snapshot
FreeBSD-14.0-CURRENT-amd64-20211202-610d908f8a6-251253 in order to avoid
possible problems

and again, after make kernel and reboot OS runs, but after installworld I ended up in the same situation

thoughts ?

--
wbr, Sergey