Infiniband at Azure

From: Mina_Galić <freebsd_at_igalic.co>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 00:24:05 UTC
Hi folks!

cross-posting because it concerns both topics!

recently a cloud-init colleague working on Azure got me access to
an Azure HPC instance — which comes with two Infiniband Nvidia /
Mellanox controllers.

These show up with ibstat(8), but not under ifconfig(8).

Under Linux, WA Agent is responsible for bringing Infiniband devices
up to a base-line configuration:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/extensions/enable-infiniband

On FreeBSD, WA Agent is rather poorly supported.

So, how do I bring up these mlx5_0 devices? How do i make them show
up in ifconfig? And is anyone interested in (me) fixing up WAAgent
to work better on FreeBSD?

Thank you for your help,

Mina Galić
Try PkgBase: https://alpha.pkgbase.live/

(as soon as i have a hardware sponsor again)