Re: wayland support

From: Jan Beich <jbeich_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:16:40 UTC
Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> chromium in FreeBSD is build without wayland support, however, I figure on linux
> it supports both x11 and wayland, would it be possible to add
> ozone_platform_wayland = true in build/config/ozone.gni

rtc_use_pipewire=true is also necessary[1] for screen sharing but can be
postponed until Ozone Wayland works. For comparison, in Firefox it works
like the following:

  # pkg install firefox sway pam_xdg xdg-desktop-portal-wlr xdg-desktop-portal
  # echo 'session optional pam_xdg.so notroot runtime' >>/etc/pam.d/system
  $ exit # log out to pick up XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
  <new login>
  $ dbus-daemon --session --fork --address=unix:runtime=yes
  $ seatd-launch sway
  <GUI session>
  $ export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=sway
  $ export MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1
  $ dbus-update-activation-environment --all
  $ daemon -f pipewire
  $ firefox https://mozilla.github.io/webrtc-landing/gum_test.html
  <click on "Screen Capture">
  <click on "Allow" without changing "Window or screen">
  <click anywhere to select the desired output/monitor>
  <watch mirrored content on the web page>
  <click on "Stop Sharing" to end the capture or just close Firefox>

[1] https://github.com/emersion/xdg-desktop-portal-wlr/wiki/Screencast-Compatibility
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PipeWire#WebRTC_screen_sharing