We would like to be an agent for FreeBSD in China

From: kaik haven <gubai2559_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 11:07:37 UTC
Hello!
We call ourselves the "FreeBSD Chinese Community", a team from China, and
we have been working to get more people to use FreeBSD in China. Of course,
we have encountered a lot of problems, such as: Chinese users always have
trouble installing FreeBSD on their computers, because there is no official
mirror site, and the closest one to mainland China is in Taiwan, and we
have no way to connect to an official mirror site for policy reasons; there
is no official documentation in Chinese for users to review, and the
website for the official Chinese documentation translation project is There
is no official Chinese documentation available to users, and the official
Chinese documentation translation project website is inaccessible and
unmanaged; there is no unified mainland China user group or foundation to
help mainland FreeBSD users. We have contacted you and the University of
Science and Technology of China LUG has offered to mirror FreeBSD and be
one of the official mirror sites, but in the end, no one cared and it went
away.
Also, we would like to be an agent for FreeBSD in China and contribute to
the FreeBSD open source community by providing mirror sites, Chinese
documentation translations, etc. for Chinese FreeBSD users in China.