[Bug 288365] bmake: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify"
- Reply: bugzilla-noreply_a_freebsd.org: "[Bug 288365] bmake: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify""
- Reply: bugzilla-noreply_a_freebsd.org: "[Bug 288365] bmake: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify""
- Reply: bugzilla-noreply_a_freebsd.org: "[Bug 288365] bmake: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify""
- Reply: bugzilla-noreply_a_freebsd.org: "[Bug 288365] bmake: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify""
- Reply: bugzilla-noreply_a_freebsd.org: "[Bug 288365] bmake: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify""
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 17:54:52 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=288365
Bug ID: 288365
Summary: bmake: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid
character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags
libinotify"
Product: Base System
Version: 15.0-CURRENT
Hardware: Any
OS: Any
Status: New
Severity: Affects Only Me
Priority: ---
Component: bin
Assignee: bugs@FreeBSD.org
Reporter: wosch@FreeBSD.org
Since 3 weeks I get a warning while building the ports index file on -current
cd freebsd-ports && make -s PORTSDIR=$(pwd) INDEX_ECHO_1ST=true index
make[4]: /home/wosch/projects/freebsd-ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning:
Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify"
make[4]: /home/wosch/projects/freebsd-ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning:
Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify"
make[4]: /home/wosch/projects/freebsd-ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning:
Invalid character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify"
This is triggered by the port security/ossec-hids-local
make PORTSDIR=$(pwd) -C security/ossec-hids-local describe >/dev/null
make: /home/wosch/projects/freebsd-ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid
character " " in variable name "pkgconf --cflags libinotify"
I do not see a change for this port or the ports framework.
I guess this is a side effect of the recent bmake update
commit 0b46a53a2f50b5ab0f4598104119a049b9c42cc9
Merge: 738a9a78fc92 4f8f2bc29466
Author: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@FreeBSD.org>
AuthorDate: Fri Jun 27 19:47:23 2025 -0700
Commit: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@FreeBSD.org>
CommitDate: Fri Jun 27 19:49:16 2025 -0700
Merge bmake-20250618
If I change in security/ossec-hids-local/Makefile
INOTIFY_CFLAGS= $$(true)
the error goes away, If I add a trailing space " " after true
INOTIFY_CFLAGS= $$(true )
the error is back
# add a new target in security/ossec-hids-local/Makefile to show the value of
CFLAGS
cflags:
echo ${CFLAGS}
make PORTSDIR=$(pwd) -C security/ossec-hids-local cflags
make: /home/wosch/projects/freebsd-ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:2039: warning: Invalid
character " " in variable name "true "
make: warning: Invalid character " " in variable name "true "
while evaluating variable "CFLAGS" with value "-O2 -pipe ${CFLAGS.amd64}
-I/usr/local/include $(true ) ${SSP_CFLAGS} -fno-strict-aliasing
${${:UC}FLAGS_${ARCH}}"
in command "echo ${CFLAGS}"
in target "cflags"
echo -O2 -pipe -I/usr/local/include -fstack-protector-strong
-fno-strict-aliasing
-O2 -pipe -I/usr/local/include -fstack-protector-strong -fno-strict-aliasing
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.