[Bug 278936] mqueuefs: Crashes when removing queue as user
- In reply to: bugzilla-noreply_a_freebsd.org: "[Bug 278936] mqueuefs: Crashes when removing queue as user"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 13:29:41 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=278936
--- Comment #3 from Ricardo Branco <rbranco@suse.com> ---
I managed to crash -STABLE (didn't try -RELEASE) like this:
$ sudo mount -t mqueuefs none /mnt
$ touch /mnt/{1..101} # Needs Bash I think
touch: /mnt/101: Resource temporarily unavailable
$ sysctl kern.mqueue
kern.mqueue.curmq: 100
kern.mqueue.maxmq: 100
kern.mqueue.maxmsgsize: 16384
kern.mqueue.maxmsg: 100
$ rm -f /mnt/*
$ sysctl kern.mqueue
kern.mqueue.curmq: 0
kern.mqueue.maxmq: 100
kern.mqueue.maxmsgsize: 16384
kern.mqueue.maxmsg: 100
$ for i in {1..101} ; do posixmqcontrol create -d /$i -s 1 -d 1; done
posixmqcontrol: mq_open(create): Too many open files in system
$ rm -f /mnt/*
POSIX message queues seem broken on FreeBSD. There's no limit per-user. I tried
this on Linux and it only allowed me to create only 10 messages queues as user,
without limiting root.
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.