Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 22:08:06 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=260898 --- Comment #12 from Bob Frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org> --- (In reply to Andriy Gapon from comment #10) re: test if changing sysctl machdep.idle to mwait helps I did this repeatedly, back and forth. The best way to describe the results is to say that while set to 'acpi' the random audio errors usually presented themselves, and while set to 'mwait' they usually did not. However, in one case, I still noticed a rather prominent audible distortion while machdep.idle was set to 'mwait'. In the few tests that I did perform 'mwait' seemed to correlate with the timing errors and distortion happening less, but not completely eliminated. as an additional test, I am stopping powerd, setting the event timer to HPET, and also the mechdep.idle to 'mwait'. I will let audio stream for a while (an hour or so) and see if I can hear any audible distortion. In my previous testing it usually happens at least once within about 10 minutes of streaming audio. So it will probably be a good overall test where I do not have to pay constant attention to it. I'll post later with the results. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are the assignee for the bug.