[Bug 233764] [amdtemp] does not know correct offset for AMD Family 15h (A8-7600, FX-8300, etc) Tctl
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 13:08:51 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=233764
Vincent Bentley <vince@vincentbentley.co.uk> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC| |vince@vincentbentley.co.uk
--- Comment #25 from Vincent Bentley <vince@vincentbentley.co.uk> ---
I think this issue affects more AMD CPUs. I repurposed an old PC today that was
running Linux with lm-sensors reporting 45 DegC cpu temp at idle yesterday.
After installing FreeBSD 12.2, amdtemp is reporting -0.0C . It is summer and
the ambient room temperature at the moment is uncomfortable 27 DegC.
The CPU is Family 0x10, a 2.6Ghz Athlon II quad core.
I read through other bug reports and concluded that temperature measurement on
AMD is proprietary requiring the knowledge of too many undocumented features. I
am not expecting a fix, I will just assume that cpu temps are intel only on
FreeBSD.
I don't have time to see how lm-sensors does it, so in case anyone is
interested in my system info, here it is.
Base Board Information
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-MA785GMT-UD2H-rev-10#ov
Without opening it up, I am not sure what revision the board is. So assuming
1.0
No core unlock feature on this board!
# sysctl -a | grep temperature
dev.cpu.3.temperature: -0.0C
dev.cpu.2.temperature: -0.0C
dev.cpu.1.temperature: -0.0C
dev.cpu.0.temperature: -0.0C
# sysctl -a | grep amdtemp
dev.amdtemp.0.core0.sensor0: -0.0C
dev.amdtemp.0.sensor_offset: 0
dev.amdtemp.0.%parent: hostb4
dev.amdtemp.0.%pnpinfo:
dev.amdtemp.0.%location:
dev.amdtemp.0.%driver: amdtemp
dev.amdtemp.0.%desc: AMD CPU On-Die Thermal Sensors
dev.amdtemp.%parent:
# devinfo -v |grep hostb4
hostb4 pnpinfo vendor=0x1022 device=0x1203 subvendor=0x0000
subdevice=0x0000 class=0x060000 at slot=24 function=3 dbsf=pci0:0:24:3
# pciconf -l | grep 0x1203
hostb4@pci0:0:24:3: class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x12031022 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
# pciconf -r pci0:0:24:3 0xa4
000c1880
# pciconf -r pci0:0:24:3 0xfc
00100f52
# pciconf -r pci0:0:24:3 0x64
34280005
From dmesg...
FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p7 GENERIC amd64
FreeBSD clang version 10.0.1 (git@github.com:llvm/llvm-project.git
llvmorg-10.0.1-0-gef32c611aa2)
VT(vga): resolution 640x480
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor (2611.85-MHz K8-class CPU)
Origin="AuthenticAMD" Id=0x100f52 Family=0x10 Model=0x5 Stepping=2
Features=0x178bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT>
Features2=0x802009<SSE3,MON,CX16,POPCNT>
AMD
Features=0xee500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,FFXSR,Page1GB,RDTSCP,LM,3DNow!+,3DNow!>
AMD
Features2=0x37ff<LAHF,CMP,SVM,ExtAPIC,CR8,ABM,SSE4A,MAS,Prefetch,OSVW,IBS,SKINIT,WDT>
SVM: NP,NRIP,NAsids=64
TSC: P-state invariant
real memory = 8589934592 (8192 MB)
avail memory = 7737597952 (7379 MB)
Event timer "LAPIC" quality 100
ACPI APIC Table: <GBT GBTUACPI>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 4 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 4 core(s)
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.