Re: FreeBSD won't see a specific bluetooth device

From: Takanori Watanabe <takawata_at_init-main.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 03:35:41 UTC
On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 07:22:40PM +0200, Dmitry N. Medvedev wrote:
> not resolved yet, but this is what a Kinesis employee said: the Advantage
> 360 Pro uses BLE.
>
> I have used the hccontrol to do le_ scan and I can clearly see the keyboard
> in the list,
> but I have no idea on how to make it connect to my freeBSD host.
>
> any help would be appreciated!

I have a tool for userland and work with Bluetooth LE mouse based on bthidd,
but keyboard support is disabled.

https://github.com/takawata/FreeBSD-BLE

To recognize LE device.
1. scan LE device and think
2. invoke ./lepair ${BTHADDR} (-r option required if address is random address)
3. add hcsecd.conf in lesecd directory by copy-n-paste from lepair output.
4. ./lesecd
3. in lehid directory, lehid -s ${BTADDR}

Then keyboard may be recoginzed, but will not do useful thing.