Re: A how-to for FreeBSD 15.0 on Raspberry Pi 5 with NVMe
- In reply to: Alex Samorukov : "Re: A how-to for FreeBSD 15.0 on Raspberry Pi 5 with NVMe"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2026 02:55:07 UTC
On 2/7/26 23:43, Alex Samorukov wrote: > > On 07.02.2026 15:52, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote: >> On Fri, 6 Feb 2026 15:24:01 +0100 >> Alex Samorukov <samm@freebsd.org> wrote: >> >>> So eth is still not working, correct? >> Correct. I'm using a usb to ethernet dongle >> > > Interesting. I see cadence driver is in the freebsd tree, and according > to OpenBSD sources it was a minimal patch to make it work with rpi5. > > I do not have rpi5 handy, may be will spend some money/time to try to > make it work. > > > The FreeBSD instructions use a draft EDK2 UEFI/ACPI instead of Device Tree. (It also has not been update din 6+ months.) OpenBSD supports U-boot UEFI/DeviceTree instead. It does RP1 child enumeration based on DeviceTree. That includes Ethernet and USB. As I vaguely understand, that is very different from how ACPI interfacing would likely work. -- === Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com