Re: Cross compiling user applications for armv7

From: Michał_Kruszewski <mkru_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2025 18:22:16 UTC
I am coming back after one week.
This time, I got much further.
I already try to cross compile lang/python311 using the following command:
  doas poudriere bulk -j zturn -p default lang/python311
However, I think I did something wrong because I keep getting permission and ownership errors.

The ports-mgmt/pkg is the first thing that compiles.
It failed because of::
  patch: **** can't create /tmp/patcho385AFbZRG8: Permission denied
I fixed that by manually changing permissions of the tmp directory in the DESTDIR.
However, right now the second build, which is print/indexinfo, fails because of:
  pkg-static: . wrong user or group ownership (expected 0/0 versus actual 1001/1001)

After build I prepare distribution with the following commands:
  make NO_ROOT=YES installworld -j 11
  make NO_ROOT=YES installkernel -j 11
  make NO_ROOT=YES distribution -j 11
My MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX and DESTDIR point to custom paths.

I create poudriere jail with the following command:
  doas poudriere jail -c \
    -j zturn \
    -a armv7 \
    -m null -M $wd/build/freebsd/ -S $FREEBSDSRC

I have created ports with:
  poudriere ports -c

Regards,
Michał