Re: ROCK64
- Reply: handful.haughtily846_a_aceecat.org: "Re: ROCK64"
- In reply to: handful.haughtily846_a_aceecat.org: "Re: ROCK64"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2025 09:41:18 UTC
On 2025-Oct-17 22:10:37 -0700, handful.haughtily846@aceecat.org wrote: >On Fri, Oct 17, 2025 at 11:55:57PM +0300, Sulev-Madis Silber wrote: > >> on those images, user is freebsd:freebsd on ssh, then root:root > >And that worked! Thanks. Since this will end up as a headless server >type machine, I'm not sweating about the console too much. Of course I >changed the root account password. My suggestion is that you build yourself a serial-to-IP adapter that will allow you to access the console from your LAN. I've successfully used ESP32 boards for this and am working on building one using a RPi Pico2W. The 2 gotchas with the Rock64 console are that it's 3.3v (not 5v) and runs at 1.5 Mbps. >The next problem may be this dmesg output: > > root@generic:~ # dmesg|fgrep clk That matches my Rock64 so I wouldn't worry too much. > >btw. there's nothing matching "rtc" though the board has a RTC and >batteries are connected. Known problem? The RTC should show up as: rk805_pmu0: registered as a time-of-day clock, resolution 1.000000s With a verbose boot, you should see something like: rk805_pmu0: Read RTC: 25-10-17 23:06:51 rk805_pmu0: providing initial system time -- Peter Jeremy