Re: RPI 4 not find the disk to boot from

From: bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2025 13:49:36 UTC
On Tue, Mar 04, 2025 at 12:13:43PM +0100, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> Hello all,
> 
> 
> I'm trying to install FreeBSD 14.2 on a newly acquired rpi4 with 4GB RAM. I
> have used the aarch64 RPI image and rpi imager to create the SD card.
> FreeBSD boots but doesn't complete the boot process:
 
One very simple experiment would be to put the microSD card in a
USB adapter plugged into a USB port, leaving the microSD slot empty.
If that works, it might give more knowledgable folks a clue what's
going on.. 

hth,

bob prohaska 

 
> I get the following :
> 
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Controller Timeout
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: ============== REGISTER DUMP ===============
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Sys addr: 0x00000000c8 | Version: 0x00001002
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Blk size: 0x0000000200 | Blk cnt: 0x00000001
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Argument: 0x0ee2afff   | Trn mode:0x00000012
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Present:  0x1fff0a06   | Host ctl:0x00000007
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Power:    0x000000000f | Blk gap: 0x00000080
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Wake-up:  0x0000000000 | Clock:   0x00000107
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Timeout:  0x0000000003 | Int stat:0x00000000
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Int enab: 0x01ff003b   | Sig enab:0x01ff0009
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: AC12 err: 0x0000000000 | Host cltl2:0x00000000
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Caps:     0x45ee6432   | Caps2:   0x0000a525
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: Max curr: 0x0000000008 | ADMA err:0x00000000
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: ADMA addr:0x0000000000 | Slot int:0x00000000
> sdhci_bmc1-slot0: ============================================
> mmcsd0: Errorindicated 1 Timeout
> 
> 
> It then goes on telling me that he can't mount and gives me to options to
> mount either ufs or zfz. None work.
> 
> I've tried with two different microSDcards. Both were able to boot Fedora
> arm images.
> 
> 
> Any idea on what I could do to finish the boot process? Am I providng enough
> information for this email to be useful?
> 
> 
> Ludo
> 
> -- 
> https://ludovic.hirlimann.net
> https://piaille.fr/@usul
> https://pix.diaspodon.fr/i/web/profile/41
>