Re: https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 unusable for FreeBSD since at least Sept 2023

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:44:13 UTC
On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 08:57:34AM -0800, Mark Millard wrote:

>"armv8crypto0: CPU lacks AES instructions" is not a fatal error
>but just informational. Here is part of a "dmesg -a" from  an
>RPi3B boot using the normal U-Boot style:

>Nor does what it reports lead to stopping the boot sequence.

I know - maybe I should have been clearer: it is at that point
(or what would come after that point) that output/booting stops.

>The actual problem is a FreeBSD kernel mishandling of reserving
>memory: a rejection/panic of a valid ACPI set up (valid as far
>as I can tell).

I can't tell as that's console output, and no further output
happens and no response from the console; in order to boot
I had to (firstly boot 13.1 via microsd) then copy the 13.1
vintage msdos contents to the usb3 equivalent then halt the rpi4
then took out the microsd and booted.