Re: sshd signal 11 on -current

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 04:22:50 UTC
On Jan 17, 2024, at 17:51, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 05:09:32PM -0800, Mark Millard wrote:
>>
>> So far it sounds like the problem requires pi4 RasPiOS
>> workstation behavior to be involved to get the problem.
>> Can you do something to avoid all use of RasPiOS, possibly
>> using a different OS on that RPi4B for some experiments?
>>
> I just tried a Windows 10 laptop wired into the LAN. Ssh to
> ns2.zefox.net and  running
> grep -i /var/log/messages produces five lines of grep matches,
> then "corrupted MAC on input....."
>
> I'm not sure which MAC (as in ethernet MAC) is being referred
> to. Might a different kind of MAC exist, unrelated to ethernet?
>
> Running top, or cat /var/log/messages, produces the error
> immediately. It seems safe to use ls. Meanwhile, the serial
> console session served by nemesis.zefox.com  is still up
> and usable.
>
> I'm increasingly confused about where the error starts.

Note: I'm using unique switch naming below, something
your diagram does not provide.

Both the macOS system and the pi4 RasPiOS workstation
used the path (or so I assume):

MACHINE<->wifi<->lan<->router<->switchA<->ns2.zefox.net

What about the Windows 10 laptop test? Same path?

Could a MACHINE with the problem be moved to be
on switchA for EtherNet to see if it still has the
problem when there (just for the test)? Testing the
macOS system on switchA to be sure it still works
could also be of interest.

Could you boot a FreeBSD microsd card in the pi4
instead and try it as a FreeBSD system to see if
it still has the problem (while in its usual
place)? I'm still looking for the same hardware
context but running a distinct but known OS
context to see if the problem persists.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com