Re: USB-serial adapter suggestions needed

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 10:52:34 UTC
Hi Bob,

The following *may* be useful to you..

(rpi4 context)

I've noticed, both on 13-stable and 14-stable, that, if both
onboard usb2 ports are utilised (eg keyboard & mouse) that
signals keyboard<>mouse interfere with each other.
It's easy to reproduce this problem. It's been a while
since testing that exact context, though.

When running headless, I needed to make sure the ups cable
(serial) was plugged into the remaining usb3 port (and not usb2
where a wifi dongle was plugged in) because communication from
the ups would make the wifi page down if both were plugged into
the usb2 side. The wifi would make the usb serial misbehave
(caused 'no signal coming from ups' type of error) too.

I've had to press the hardware into service so cannot produce
detailed error output for now.