Re: bsdinstall use on rpi4

From: bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 18:00:31 UTC
On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 05:03:41PM +0000, void wrote:

> I've used this method with 13-stable and 14-stable, but wondered if
> maybe it was depreciated in 15-current. The showstopper is the error marked
> [2] which is within seconds followed by [3]. If it was just [1]
> then I could work around it.

IIRC I didn't use the automatic setup, but rather the manual one. Perhaps
that changed something. Also, I was using the snapshot for 14-stable on Pi3,
that might be quite different, intentionally or otherwise. "Can't create..." a
file looks like a permissions or sequence error, with one of the intermediate
directories not created yet.

ISTR a thread on this general topic saying to my eye that bsdinstall
either didn't or couldn't deal with partitions outside the UFS
filesystem. If you got a working msdos partition then I'm badly
mistaken. Can't find that thread now.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska