Re: current for arm64 tries tftp first for some reason

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:26:07 UTC
On Tue, Jan 09, 2024 at 09:37:54PM -0800, Mark Millard wrote:

>For the RPi4B context I'm dealing with I let the first
>time boot go through all its TFTP failures. It produced
>a:
>
>-rwxr-xr-x  1 root wheel uarch      88 Dec 30 00:00:00 1979 /boot/efi/ubootefi.var
>
>that was not there originally. I wonder if it gives a
>means of control over such things that would be
>remembered?

Unfortunately not. It still goes through tftp 10 or so cycles then boots
the usb3 device. This makes boot time take 10 mins or so rather than
the usual 20 or so seconds.

There is a TUI uefi shell at the uboot stage one can invoke if
quick enough (within 3s) the only selectable thing to boot (and it was
already selected) is usb 0:1.

Not sure what to do now - maybe compare whats in the efi partition to
the latest github versions. Also unsure whether it's a uboot issue or
a freebsd one, or if it can be fixed with one of the u-boot ports.