Re: MMCCAM hang

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 11:17:04 UTC
On Tue, 9 Jan 2024, Warner Losh wrote:

> That makes sense. The threads you posted showed several blocked on IO while
> sdhci was resetting. That's going to keep any I/O from happening. I guess
> I'm not surprised it's the wrong quirks... Many years ago when I was
> playing with a new, somewhat buggy SDHCI PCIe add-in card having the wrong
> quirks would cause super weird behavior. In my case, it was an infinite
> stream of interrupts...
>
> You should be able to disable the FreeBSD device like any other FreeBSD
> device
>
> hint.sdhci.0.disabled=1
>
> we'll probe the device (which for FDT checks the compat settings) and then
> never call attach, but instead print a message saying it is disabled.

Ah, hadn't thought so far;  one too many steps.

> One can also create an overlay that sets its status to something other than
> okay, but that's quite a bit trickier and can't be done on the fly from the
> boot loader.

fdt rm
fdt mkprop

can do that to toggle state from okay to disabled.  But once it is
disabled at run-time how can you enable it again (that was kind-of my
original question) because fdt disabled the device is not created.

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7