connect a "loose" device to a OFW/FDT node (and then use mii_fdt)?

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:40:35 UTC
Hi,

I have a device which has its own ivars and is not created from OFW/FDT.

The parent(parent(dev)) was but FDT does not fully represent the logic
of it and we need to create the intermediate device *sigh*

I tried to put ASCII art below (try a plain text view if needed).

Is there any way to connect this "mac" device to its relevant node in FDT
(continuing the "tree" there) and then use mii_fdt to attach (doing
all the PHY stuff and references)?

/bz

So looks something like this:

  X (ofw/fdt/simplebus node/device)

  +--- interim dev (not in FDT created by X)

       +----- mac dev (in FDT but created as child of 'interim dev' and not out of ofw/fdt/simplebus)

                +---- miibus(_fdt if possible)

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7