Re: eqos(4) throughput

From: Søren_Schmidt <soren.schmidt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 19:27:05 UTC
On 13 Nov 2023, at 16.40, titus <titus@edc.ro> wrote:

> i have this problem with eqos(4) on a rk3566 board (orangepi 3b)
> when there is enough RX traffic the TX sinks packets (not all the packets are transmitted)
> this causes a max tcp uplink throughput of about 300mb/s
> testing udp tx only will get to 900mbs+
> testing with iperf -c <server> -u -b 700m -d
> will show 25-30% of the tx packets lost
> the 25-30 percent can be decreased slightly if i fiddle with dtb ethernet tx_delay but 19% is the best i could get
>
> can somebody running 14+ on an rk356x board test this
> on box1
> (server) iperf -s -u
> on box2 rk356x (client)
> iperf -c <server_ip> -b 700m -u -d
> and check the packets lost by client send stream ?

I can confirm this on the boards I have access to here, quartz64, Nanopi5, firefly station m2/p2.

around 400mbit bandwitdth and 16% loss, thats running CPU at 2.2Ghz.

If I set 400Mhz CPU clock I get 375mbit and 0.6% loss, thats odd at least.

Anyhow the eqos driver is far from perfect, its single queue only etc, so there is possibly much to be gained.

--
Søren Schmidt
sos@deepcore.dk / sos@freebsd.org