Re: Poudriere friendly armv7 relases

From: Robert Clausecker <fuz_at_fuz.su>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:11:39 UTC
> I'd like to start making at least the base.tgz, etc available for armv7.
> This would allow us to create armv7 poduriere jails without building from
> source.
>
> Is there some reason we're not doing this today? I know ISOs don't make a
> lot of sense in the arm ecosystem, but having these artifacts would enable
> poudriere binary install support.

I completely agree and have long wondered why the distribution sets weren't
available for all architectures.  They are useful for all sorts of things,
such as installing systems with bsdinstall from other machines.

Robert Clausecker.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments