Re: keyboard doesn't work at Boot Menu

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 22:29:55 UTC
On Jun 17, 2023, at 14:57, Nuno Teixeira <eduardo@freebsd.org> wrote:

> A you sure you have the HDMI plugged into the correct HDMI
> port on the RPi4B, the one closest to the USB3 power
> connection?
>
> Yes,
>
> [POWER] -- >>[HDMI]<< -- [HDMI] - [SOUND JACK]

Sounds correct.

> For what I've read, 2nd HDMI doesn't work with bsd (?)

That is my understanding for FreeBSD. But early on
RPi* firmware and U-Boot have it operational. So
it can look like it is working before FreeBSD is
really on its own.

> Did you saw photo with boot menu from last email?

Yes.

I'm gradually/incrementally better approximating some
parts of your context reported in your notes. We
will see if I eventually make a change that gets the
problem.

# more /boot/loader.conf
# Configure USB OTG; see usb_template(4).
hw.usb.template=3
umodem_load="YES"
# Multiple console (serial+efi gop) enabled.
boot_multicons="YES"
#boot_serial="YES"
# Disable the beastie menu and color
#beastie_disable="YES"
#loader_color="NO"

That still works just fine via the RPi keyboard.

So, trying:

# more /boot/loader.conf
# Configure USB OTG; see usb_template(4).
hw.usb.template=3
umodem_load="YES"
# Multiple console (serial+efi gop) enabled.
#boot_multicons="YES"
#boot_serial="YES"
# Disable the beastie menu and color
#beastie_disable="YES"
#loader_color="NO"

For that it by default displays the:

5. Cons: Video

Beastie continues to work just fine, operated with
the RPi keyboard. The serial console is disabled,
the last line output being:

masks          0x00ff0000, 0x0000ff00, 0x000000ff, 0xff000000

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com