Re: keyboard doesn't work at Boot Menu

From: Nuno Teixeira <eduardo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 15:52:23 UTC
Hello Mark!

It is unclear what the context is here: Serial console? No serial console?

> What is in /boot/loader.conf ? I've a serial console context and have:
>
> boot_multicons="YES"
> boot_serial="YES"

rpi4 connected to monitor via hdmi

/boot/loader.conf:

kern.geom.label.disk_ident.enable="0"
kern.geom.label.gptid.enable="0"
cryptodev_load="YES"
zfs_load="YES"

> Is the stable/13 from a specific *.img* file from the likes of:
>
> http://ftp3.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/ISO-IMAGES/13.2/?C=M&O=D
>
> ? If yes, which one? If self built, what commit was the build based on?
>
> Has this worked for you before? If yes, based on what commit back when
> it last worked?

Instalation is from 13.2-RELEASE and firmware copied from it.
I'm tracking STABLE for some time and I'm at stable/13-n255602-e6c1e181ba7f

Since first instalation that keyboard doesn't work in Boot menu.

> Note: Warner's recent changes to stand/ for the subject area are only
> in main [so: 14] so far. So it appears that the only fairly recent
> change for such for stable/13 has been:
>
> loader: comconsole: don't unconditionally wipe out hw.uart.console Kyle
> Evans 2023-04-26
>
> ===
> Mark Millard
> marklmi at yahoo.com